How does Bill rack up against past Angel GMs?
I ran the numbers, of course. You can see the full list there, but the highlights:
- 1st in wins (703, ahead of Fred Haney's 614);
- 1st in winning percentage (.542, ahead of Mike Port's .517 -- the only two Angel GMs with a winning percentage above .500);
- 1st in divisional titles (3, Bavasi I had 2, and it's not just a product of the smaller divisions, as he's also:)
- 1st in .500+ seasons (6, ahead of Port's and Bavasi I's 4 apiece);
- 1st in 90+-win seasons (4, ahead of Port's 3); and
- 1st in 95+win seasons (2, no one else had any).
- And, it goes without saying, first in World Championships.
Nobody's perfect, but that's nothing to be ashamed of.
Thank you, Bill.