FanPost

It looks like GA won't accept a part-time role.

GA says he's produced and he was surprised the team didn't pick up the option since he feels that's what he's worth.

"The reason I was a little surprised they didn't pick up my option is I produced. I had a very good season, especially considering how it started. You look at what the market is, and the $11 million is pretty fair market value for my performance. I've been consistent, and I haven't declined."

Now, I haven't been a supporter of bringing GA back because I think he clearly has declined and we need put a better hitter in the LF/DH role.  But, one of the arguments made by supporters of bringing him back is that there's still a role for him in some sort of a platoon.  I sort of agree that he could be useful in a limited role, but think that someone like Morales and Rivera have more potential and it's worth taking a risk on them.

I don't see how GA fits in on this team in 2009 with his perspective of his performance.  We need better production from some who's going to play LF 60% of the time and DH the other 40%.

Link: Anderson ready to test market:Longtime Angel disappointed team didn't pick up option

This Fan-Post is authored by an independent fan. Tell us what you think and how you feel.

Trending Discussions

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Halos Heaven

You must be a member of Halos Heaven to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Halos Heaven. You should read them.

Join Halos Heaven

You must be a member of Halos Heaven to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Halos Heaven. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9351_tracker