As spring training comes to an end, I have read countless amounts of negative crap about the Angels.
- What if the starters don't come back soon?
- What if Abreu has a horrible season?
- What if Oakland gets it together and beats us?
Well, let me tell you, why don't people doubt the A's? I have many what ifs for Choakland...
- What if Holliday gets injured?
- What if Giambi and O-Cab don't produce?
- What if their so-called studs Gio Gonzalez and Brett Anderson become duds?
These possibilities are solid for three reasons:
- Holliday has been to the DL multiple times
- Giambi and OC are definitely past their primes
- These rookies have little or no experience.
So, even if ALL the " what ifs" happen for both teams, the Angels would still have a better team. Our lineup would be better as Holliday, Giambi, and Cabrera make most of their offense. Their bullpen would have to rely on Ziegler, and their rotation may have to rely on young inexperienced pitchers.
Now to the Angels.
Worst case scenario: Big Thunder, Voodoo, and Esco are all way behind of schedule. Now here comes the offense. I'm not as optimistic as some, but I know something that will make acuda27 VERY happy: Kendry Morales can rake! Some people just look like ballplayers, and Kendry is definitely looks like one. His swing is beautiful, and he squares the ball with ease.
So at worst, our offense will not be much worse than last September's lineup. In other words, prospects in addition to Bobby Abreu will fill in the holes.
If you disagree with me, feel free to express yourself. Last but not least, let's go Halos!