In this post on 2/26/09, WiHaloFan posted the 5 things to watch for in Spring Training '09;
1) Will the real Kendry Morales please stand up?
2) The opening day shortstop will be?
3) Abreu or Rivera in leftfield?
4) Who gets traded?
5) Who's the 5th starter?
As of today, the answers in order appear to be;
1) At this point, it appears the real Kendry will translate his minor league success to the majors. He looks and acts ready for the challenge.
2) Not sure this is fully answered. Wood is currently out of the picture, but Aybar and Izzy appear to be in the same flat-footed tie as last year. Aybar has a slight edge and will probably see more starts at SS, but Scioscia will likely give a fair number of starts to Izzy.
3) Abreu would appear to be the winner, but not by much…about the same as SS position.
4) We now know the answer to the trade question…nobody!
5) The fifth starter question will be deferred for a month or so. At that point all three current candidates (Moseley, Loux, and Adenhart) could be supplanted by Lackey, Santana and Escobar.
Feel free to revise and/or correct with your own views.