Did you know we're on pace for 90 wins? We are! Even though, sadly, we won't have the NL West to kick around forever.
What else happens when you divide 162 by 65 and then apply it to the team's various stats?
* Kendry Morales hits 50 doubles and 25 home runs, easily setting a team record for extra-base hits by a first baseman. Didn't see that coming (and, alas, probably won't).
* Matt Palmer goes 15-0. Vegas will be taking your bets.
* Chone Figgins racks up 205 hits, and scores 122 runs.
* Jered Weaver and Joe Saunders each pitch 220+ innings. No one else on staff tops 142. This, thankfully, will probably change.
* Torii Hunter sets career highs in runs (117, beating previous high of 94), hits (177, over 172), homers (40/31), RBIs (127/107), walks (70/50), stolen bases (27/23), Batting Average (.321/.289), On-base Percentage (.399/.344), Slugging Percentage (.611/.524), OPS (1.010/.859) and OPS+ (158/124). He probably will nab some of those career highs, but there's no reason to expect a man to stay *this* hot.
* The team steals 170 bases, most since the literally insane season of 1975.
* Juan Rivera essentially reproduces his monster (and many say flukey) 2006, going .316/.355/.516 with 25 homers and 90 ribbies, as compared to his 2006 line of .310/.362/.525 with 23 HRs and 85 RBIs.
* The team commits the fewest errors (85) in franchise history, not counting the strike-shortened 1994 campaign. (TOTALLY did not see that one coming.)
* For the first time since the offensive spike year of 2000, and only the ninth time in franchise history, we have four players with 20+ home runs -- Hunter, Morales, Rivera and Napoli (22). Unfortunately, the rest of the team, unfortunately, combines to hit just 37.
That's my goofball list, anyway.
Which of these is most likely to happen?
Torii sets career highs in everything (21 votes)
Figgy gets 200 hits (14 votes)
Palmer wins 15 games (6 votes)
Juancho parties like it's 2006 (61 votes)
Kendry sets franchise record for XBHs by a 1Bman (14 votes)
Team sets mark for fewest errors (1 vote)
mattwelch wastes another deadline Saturday morning goofing off on Baseball Reference (22 votes)
139 total votes