So I was just thinking of a whole bunch of potential scenarios this year which are both:
b) not necessarily completely welcome, but not the worst case scenario either.
Basically, I wanted to give plausible, realistic possibilities from this season to temper expectations a bit, and get you to consider how little you may actually be willing to settle for from specific individuals on our team this year. So here we go. In your replies, just rattle off the numbers I give each scenario, with your comments on it. You are, of course, free to ignore or reply to as many or as few as you want of the scenarios.
How satisfied will you be if:
1) Brandon Wood OPSs in the .735-.760 range with a 3.5AB:K ratio, in about 400 plate appearances?
2) Scott Kazmir pitches 160 innings of 4.10ERA baseball?
3) Ervin Santana makes 26 starts with a 4.50ERA?
4) Hideki Matsui essentially replicates Juan Rivera's 2009 numbers (.287/.332/.478)
5) We are forced to use nine starters on the year.
6) Kendry Morales' stat line is .281/.345/.505.
7) Howie Kendrick gets 500 plate appearances, fails to increase his walks, and bats exactly .300 with 15/15 HR/SB.
8) Torii Hunter hits his career averages, OPSing almost exactly .800.
9) Erick Aybar maintains the glove, but drops to .290/.335/.410
12) The Angels are tied for first on September 15th.