First Snuggie night, then Wrestling Mask night... and now...
An estimated 20,000 Orange County third-graders will learn history while making history when they converge upon Angel Stadium of Anaheim on Tuesday, November 8 for what is expected to be a world-record shattering event. The educational program, named The Gift of History, will teach students about the rich history of Orange County and include presentations from celebrities, elected officials and regional education leaders. Officials from the Guinness Book of World Records will also be on hand to certify the event as the largest history lesson ever to take place during a post-event press conference.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 10 a.m.
Currently scheduled program presenters include:
- Caroline Sunshine, star of Disney Channel's hit comedy Shake it Up
- Gail Eastman, Anaheim City Councilmember, author of Anna's Home by the River, and Chairman of the Children's Education Foundation of Orange County
- Bill Habermehl, Superintendent, Orange County Dept. of Education
- Gaddi Vazquez, former Ambassador to the Vatican and member of the Orange County Board of Supervisors
- Stan Oftelie, author of Nothing Rhymes with Orange
- Jose Mota, Angels broadcaster and former Major League Baseball and Cal State Fullerton player
- And Mickey Mouse!
The Gift of History is a partnership between the Orange County Education Foundation and several key sponsors including: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, the Disneyland Resort, Kaiser Permanent, the Orange County Education Foundation, Orange County Department of Education, the City of Anaheim, Ingram Micro, UPS, American Career College, West Coast University, the Honda Center, Orange County Water District, and Schools First Credit Union.