With a handful of roster spots up for grabs, the Angels begin Cactus League play this weekend. If you're anything like me, it's time to play a little armchair GM. Each spring, there are always a couple of guys I really hope catch on to the big team or make a great case for some playing time. I wanted to see who my fellow Angel fans hope make the team or move up the depth chart. Here are my guys:
1. Hank Conger -- Call me Captain Obvious, but he could be a difference maker for years to come. I know I'm probably not going to get my wish, but this post is about pulling for a guy, not predicting outcomes.
2. Jordan Walden -- I would love to see the Angels develop a hammer at the end of the game. Plus, I like my closers to be the kind of guy opponents don't want to charge on the mound. A big 100 mph throwing Texan fits that bill.
3. Alberto Callaspo -- He always seemed to play well against the Angels and I often thought of what might have been. Well, now I get my chance to find out and I hope he pans out.
4. Scott Kazmir -- He's the big question mark in the rotation, and I think most of his problems are mental. You can just see the guy getting frustrated on the mound. A good spring could give him some much needed confidence.
5. Mark Trumbo -- What's not to like about a homegrown slugging first baseman? He could provide Morales with days off and take enough DH bats to keep Abreu's option from vesting. I should have him higher on the list.
Those are mine. Who are yours and why?
This Fan-Post is authored by an independent fan. Tell us what you think and how you feel.