Here you go...
- I'm surprised he was even considered for a roster spot: Figgins probably not a fit for Angels - Hot Stove. "A source with knowledge of the team’s thinking said Tuesday night that Figgins is "not likely to be a fit" for the Angels in 2013."
- Nice looking pad: John Lackey Selling Five-Bedroom Newport Beach Mansion for Just Under $10 Million
- For those of you wishing Bud Black would return to Anaheim and replace Scioscia, sorry to burst your bubble: San Diego Padres pick up options on manager Bud Black's contract - ESPN. "The San Diego Padres have exercised the 2014 and 2015 option years in manager Bud Black's contract."
- More "us vs. them", "scouting vs. stats" stuff: Tigers scouts try to win WAR on player evaluations - The Detroit News. "Some of these things are so obvious," Dombrowski said, suggesting numbers rarely tell a story different from his staff's scouting reports. "Who has better hands? Range? Arm? Guys who are solid in evaluating those things don't really need all that (statistical) info."
- The Angels travel to Milwaukee August 30 - September 1. I plan on being there, and I challenge any of you to a wall climb: Brewers announce 2013 improvements to Miller Park - Ballpark Digest. "The signature addition to the area will be a 25-foot-high rock-climbing wall, designed in the shape of a Mountain Dew can. The wall will be open for approximately three hours every game day, and will be designed to accommodate up to four climbers at a time."