Mark Trumbo hits home runs farther than you.
Here are your Monday Halolinks:
- Kendrys runs bases, could play this week. From Alden Gonzalez at MLB.com, "The hurdles have been cleared; all the key milestones have been hit. It's all about repetition now for Kendrys Morales. It may only be a matter of time." Great to hear and remaining optimistic about his return.
- Angels Drub Indians. The Angels lineup, consisting of six likely starting position players banged out twenty hits in a 17 run shellacking over the Tribe. Big takeaways from this game, Trumbo and Vernon Wells both hit HR's, and Garrett Richards pitched three scoreless innings on a steady diet of groundballs.
- Angels Rally Against Reds Falls Short. The younger half of the Halos split squad lost a close one in Goodyear, AZ. Brad Mills pitched three scoreless innings and Alexi Amarista went 2-3 including a nice two-run jimmy jack* off Mat Latos. *Note misuse of jimmy jack term.
- On that note, Amarista, Mills stand out against Reds. Another recap from MLB.com.
- Aybar could be Angels' leadoff answer - for now. From Plunkett at the OC Register, "This spring, though, Aybar has gotten off to hot start. He is 8 for 15 after getting a single and a triple in the Angels' 17-2 rout of the Indians Sunday and could be laying claim to the lion's share of the starts at leadoff - just as he reaches free agency."
- Things are moving fast for Angel, Peter Bourjos. From Bill Dwyre, LA Times, "I was aiming to play good defense," he says, "and hit well enough to stay in the lineup. Actually, his .271 was fifth best on the team, andAlberto Callaspo's leading .288 was within reach."
- Mark Trumbo, C.J. Wilson shine in Angels' win over Giants. Couple days old but I can't get over how I was excited that both C.J. Wilson and Trumbo had good days. It didn't take long for use to remember the pop that Mark Trumbo has in his bat. He'll be a great asset to our time this year offensively.
- Great news: Trout Days Away from Spring Debut. Looking forward to seeing Mike Trout back in the lineup soon after he gets over his flu symptoms. It still trips me out that the kid's only 20. When I was his age I was bagging groceries at Vons and faking my way through school at Fullerton community college.
- Fun Fact Alert! "Through his first week of Cactus League play, Albert Pujols is 6-for-11 with four RBIs, four runs scored, three doubles and three walks while playing in five games in seven days."
- Getting to Know Jerome Williams. Little Q&A with JW from Stephen Elliot at the LA Angels Insider.
- Fangraphs Ranks Angels Pitching #1. These are their positional power rankings. I'm ready for this season to start as well.
- "Angels up next: Jered Weaver will get his second start of the spring when the Angels host the crosstown-rival Dodgers on Monday, going approximately three innings while facing off against Aaron Harang." From the Angels official website.
You won the "Be a GM for a Day" contest at the Hometown Buffet. After you get out of the ER, who do you pencil in for our lead-off spot?
Peter Bourjos (184 votes)
Howie Kendrick (10 votes)
Erick Aybar (239 votes)
433 total votes