TEMPE, AZ - MARCH 12: Albert Pujols #5 of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim peers into the bright future of the franchise.
Here are you Monday morning Halolinks. Hope you all had a good St. Paddy's Day weekend.
- Good News: Dan Haren Shines in wet Freeway Series Preview "Prior to the fifth, when he gave up a run on back-to-back hits, Haren looked nearly unhittable, having given up just one hit and one walk with 13 strikeouts through his first nine Cactus League frames. Adam Kennedy's double to lead off the bottom of the fifth broke up a string of 21 straight batters retired by the 31-year-old right-hander."
- Great News: Kendrys Morales set to make his first start on Tuesday.
- Greatest News Ever: Los Angeles Angels Roster Battles: 3 Most Intriguing Spring Position Questions (Gorbachav5 warning: link will take you to the Bleacher Report)
- From Alden Gonzales: Aybar, Segura have Halos Sitting Pretty at Short. Segura's spring BA is at .381 with two HR's. He could do worse.
- Angels 1, Dodgers 1. They say tying is like kissing your sister, and it is. But tying due to hail storm in Arizona is like kissing your sister while your parents watch. :( LINK to where that saying came from.
- Side-note also from Alden: "The transitioning Mark Trumbo made a solid play at third base on Sunday, fielding a hard-hit one-hopper by the Dodgers' Juan Uribe to his left before throwing a short-hop to first base, which Albert Pujols was able to scoop for the out." Hearing the words 'solid play' and Trumbo in the same sentence gives me even more hope and optimism for his transition to third-base. I think he's going to be okay at the hot corner, and might even surprise a few nay sayers.
- Up next, Angels: Four days after taking a comebacker to his throwing shoulder, Ervin Santana will make his regular turn against the Rockies on MLB.TV at 1:10 p.m. PT on Monday. A line drive off the bat of White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez forced Santana to exit Wednesday's start in the second inning, but the right-hander got through his between-starts throwing with no problems and -- minus a colorful bruise -- said he felt fine Sunday morning.
- Duke lost. LLOL.
- Jenny Johnson is my new favorite twitter person.
Are the 2012 Angels going to be the most exciting team to ever play the game?
Yes (38 votes)
Hell Yes! (121 votes)
Rex needs to never attempt alliteration again. (85 votes)
244 total votes