- Angels eager to start Cactus League play. Angels open up spring ball tomorrow with a 12:05pm start against the Oakland Athletics in Phoenix. C.J. Wilson gets the nod and Albert Pujols will start at first. #Awesome
- Angels have bigger spring concerns than Albert Pujols' transition. "It's a beginning," Scioscia said. "It's always great to get into that game environment, but we're not the finished product as a team. There's a lot of work ahead of us." Aside from our big signings, there are definitely some questions up in the air that will hopefully be addressed in a positive manner over these next few weeks.
- Albert Pujols doesn't mix business with pleasure. As if we needed any more reasons to be excited about having this guy in our lineup. I'm going to implement his disciplined regiment at work tomorrow; that is until the game starts at noon, then all my work is getting pushed to Tuesday.
- Morales, Trumbo Nearing Final Hurdles. Alden Gonzalez reports,"Kendrys Morales and Mark Trumbo, two recovering sluggers and two former first basemen, expect to run the bases next week, a step the Angels hope is the final one before getting them into Spring Training games." Although it's a bit early, I'm starting to feel more and more confident that these guys will be an integral part of our potential success this season.
- Jerome Williams has plenty of time to rebound. Mark Saxon reports: "The Angels, who have an open date on April 10, won't use a fifth starter until an April 15 game at Yankee Stadium, Scioscia said, giving Williams an extra nine days to get his arm ready for his season debut.
Williams went 4-0 with a 3.68 earned run average in 10 games, six of them starts, after an August promotion to the Angels last season. Rookie Garrett Richards, right-handersTrevor Bell and Eric Hurley and lefty Brad Mill salso are competing to be the fifth starter."
- New hot rivalry: Rangers vs. Angels. "Before, they were always cool, humble," Hunter said of Texas fans. "Right now, they are not humble. And they have a right. They've got something to talk about. For a long time, they didn't make it to the playoffs. They didn't win. Now they're winning. It's exciting for them. "I'd be at the mall and out of nowhere hear, ‘Angels suck!' from the second level." Angels suck? Only baseball analysis that articulate could be dispensed by a nascent baseball fan in overalls.
- The Angels are Worse than the DBacks. *(Warning, bleacher report link.)
- Rangers Refuse to Hide their Darvish. Yu Darvish will face AL West teams. "If we had a closer coming over from the National League we might try to hide him," Washington said. "But when it's his time and it's against an AL West team, go get them."
- Ensuring Players Drink Responsibly is Trending. This is something I'll definitely have to consider if the Cubs offer me a contract this season.