Apr. 15, 2012; Bronx, NY, USA; Los Angeles Angels relief pitcher David Carpenter pitches during the sixth inning against the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Yankees won 11-5. Mandatory Credit: Debby Wong-US PRESSWIRE
Here are your Monday Halolinks:
- From Alden Gonzalez: Xrays Negative on Downs' Injured Ankle. Great to hear, we need all the MP help we can get right now.
- Also from Alden Gonzlez, on Pujols' slow start: "A .217 batting average and zero home runs wasn't the way Albert Pujols imagined starting his tenure with the Angels. But a resume like his tends to ease any concerns the first six games of a season may bring.
"Listen, it's not being cocky, but I know I can hit," Pujols said prior to going 1-for-5 in Thursday's loss to the Twins. "I showed that in the spring, I've shown that for 11 years, and I don't think that's going to go away [instantly]."
Pujols got off to a slow start last year, posting a .755 OPS in the first two months before improving to a .997 clip from June-September. Last year, the slow start was chalked up to the distractions of failed extension talks with the Cardinals." Let's hope there's nothing to worry about considering his slow start.
- Tonight at the Big A, Jered Weaver will look to get Angels back in their winning ways as he faces Brandon McCarthy. " Weaver has made 20 career starts against the A's, compiling a 6-7 record with one shutout and a 2.85 ERA."
- Note: Mike Soscscia has used eight different lineups in his last 9 games. I'm going to trust he knows what he's doing but it's hard to think about consistency with there's so much shuffling. Thoughts?
- Recap from last night from Mike DiGiovanna at the LA Times: Angels are no match for the Yankees.
- Erick Aybar and the Angels Organization make progress on his contract. From the LA Times.
- From Bill Plunkett at the OCR: Morales Simply Slumping after a Comeback. "Since his four-hit game against the Royals in the second game of the season, however, Morales has gone 1 for 23 with seven strikeouts. Despite starting five games as the Angels' cleanup hitter behind Albert Pujols, Morales has yet to drive in a run this season." I think Kendrys will pick it up soon, just need to get consistent playing time.
Should Garrett Richards be giving a shot at the 5th spot?
No, Jerome Williams just needs some more time to figure stuff out. (144 votes)
Yes, we can't wait. (158 votes)
Keeping track of Mike's lineups is mentally exhausting. (218 votes)
520 total votes