We're over the opening night jitters Halolinks (oh, and file your taxes!):
- Now that's more like it, great pitching and timely hitting: Angels 6, Athletics 0 - FOX Sports. "Morales hit his first homer in nearly two years and drove in four runs, and Weaver recorded his 1,000th career strikeout while pitching five-hit ball into the seventh inning of the Los Angeles Angels' 6-0 victory over the Oakland Athletics on Monday night.''I was happy he got around the bases in one piece,'' Angels manager Mike Scioscia said." Here's something that makes Weaver so special...besides being extremely talented, he seems genuinely happy to be in Anaheim, "Weaver struck out six, rolling his career total into quadruple digits when he fanned Josh Reddick in the sixth inning.''I've got them all in an Angel uniform, which is pretty great,'' Weaver said. ''
- Let's see if Haren can get his crap together and stop giving up so many hits: Athletics-Angels Preview - Yahoo! Sports. "Haren will try to help the Angels win consecutive games for the first time this season Tuesday night against the Oakland Athletics.The Angels hope Monday's mound success will rub off on Haren (0-1, 6.97 ERA), who has allowed eight runs and 20 hits over 10 1-3 innings while striking out 12 in his first two starts." Another look at Haren's start tonight is here: Oakland Athletics at Los Angeles Angels - April 17, 2012 - MLB.com Preview. "The right-hander has also failed to reach the sixth inning in back-to-back starts for the first time since July 2009. "With Danny, his first couple of starts, the ball has definitely been up a little bit," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "This guy's a total command guy, and he's uncharacteristically getting into some hitting counts."
MORE LINKS AFTER THE BREAK....
- Is Aybar worth more than Howard Kendrick? Erick Aybar wants "at least five years and $50 million" in extension from Angels - HardballTalk. "Not many starting shortstops hit the open market before age 30, so Aybar is one healthy season away from cashing in big as a free agent. Position scarcity gives him more leverage than Kendrick and he’s also a Gold Glove winner." Here is the LA Times post: Angels and Erick Aybar make progress on new contract - latimes.com. "The Angels would prefer to sign Aybar for something closer to the four-year, $33.5-million deal second baseman Howie Kendrick got in January."
- Here's a new Angels blog written by one of Halos Heaven's long-time members suggesting fans not get too down about the club's slow start: Bryan Harvey's Moustache: The Panic Button, Slow Starts and Adding Fuel to the Stupidity Fire. "Angels fans should remember that their 2002 World Series championship team started a ugly 6-14 in their first twenty games." Be sure to check it out.
- As johnnyangel101 pointed out in a recent FanShot, Mike Trout is fast: Video Highlights & Clips - Salt Lake's Trout scores from first - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball
4/14/12: Salt Lake's Mike Trout scores from first on a single during the Bees' 8-4 loss to the Tucson Padres
- I totally stole these from this site: Matt Wieters Facts. So please click that link so they don't sue me.
- Scott Boras Hired Mike Trout As His Agent.
- Once, Mike Trout Hit A Home Run That Only Measured 400 Feet, But It Landed In The Year 2078.
- Mike Trout Tried Stand Up Comedy Once. His Joke: "I was once thrown out trying to steal second base." Seven Members Of The Audience's Heads Exploded Due To Laughter.
- The Sun Rises When Mike Trout Decides To Wake Up.
- Regression To Infinity - The Mike Trout Story
- Mike Trout Sometimes Impatiently Homers From The On Deck Circle.
- Even Atheists Believe In Mike Trout.
- There Would Be More Mike Trout Highlights On SportsCenter, But Cameras Fast Enough To Record Them Don't Exist.
- Mike Trout Once Stole Second, Third, And The Shortstop's Hat On The Same Pitch.
- Mike Trout Went To The US Virgin Islands On Vacation, They Are Now Referred To As "The Islands".
- Mike Trout Attended A Yankees/Red Sox Series Wearing His Angels Jersey. Both Teams Lost.
- Mike Trout Is So Good, His Bobblehead Is Projected To Be A Mid-1st Round Pick In The Upcoming Baseball Draft.
- Reggie Jackson Refers To Mike Trout As "Mr. Whenever The Hell He Wants."