DETROIT, MI - JULY 17: Mike Trout #27 of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim celebrates a 13-0 win over the Detroit Tigers with winning pitcher Garrett Richards #43 at Comerica Park on July 17, 2012 in Detroit, Michigan. The Angels defeated the Tigers 13-0. (Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images)
Halolinks for today...
- Angels-Tigers Preview - Yahoo! Sports. "The Angels' 18 hits and five homers against the Tigers were season highs. They've totaled 10 homers and 29 runs while winning two of their last three games. Albert Pujols is 7 for 13 with two homers and four RBIs in those contests, while Mark Trumbo is 11 for 31 with six home runs and 10 RBIs over his last eight games."
- Someone must have seen one of Mark Trumbo's "Trumbomb": Game goes on after bomb threat made against Comerica Park - Detroit Free Press. "While 33,950 spectators watched the Tigers lose Tuesday night to the Los Angeles Angels, Detroit police and the Tigers security personnel searched frantically through Comerica Park for a possible bomb, according to a police spokeswoman."
- Al Kaline compares Mike Trout to Mickey Mantle - CBSSports.com. "So this isn't the first time Mike Trout has been compared to Mickey Mantle, but recently someone with a little better perspective -- and resume -- than the usual folks throwing the comparisons around said Trout reminded him of the Mick. "He's a strong guy, runs really well, power -- he reminds me a little bit of a Mantle," said Hall of Famer Al Kaline"
- Maronde tosses seven hitless innings - MiLB.com. "Making his second start since returning from a strained lat muscle, the Angels prospect tossed seven no-hit innings and struck out 10 on Tuesday. That wasn't enough for Class A Advanced Inland Empire as the 66ers dropped a 5-2, 11-inning decision at Stockton."
Ten random thoughts about the Angels - ESPN
Player A: .298/.371/.612
Player B: .311/.364/.634
Player A is Josh Hamilton. Player B is Trumbo.
- The Competitive Balance Lottery Is Insane, Hilarious - Baseball Nation. "Now teams will get to enter a convoluted lottery for one of six tradable picks in the amateur draft. And the teams that don't win one of the first six picks will be entered into a lottery to win one of six picks at the back of the second round. No purchase necessary. The lottery picks are weighted based on record, like the NBA Draft, but while that will make it more likely that the Royals will get a pick instead of the Cardinals, it will also make it extra hilarious when a defending World Series champion actually does win a pick."
- Very long, but very interesting article about steroids. You should really check it out: Roid Age: the paradox of pharmacological puritanism - Neuroanthropology. How Andro links Mark McGwire & the East German sports machine, and the implications of our paradoxical attitudes toward medicine for enhancement and therapy.
- Oh God, this can't be good: Pete Rose reality series heads to TLC - EW.com. "With a working title of Pete Rose and Kiana Kim Family Project, the show will follow the 71-year-old Rose and his thirtysomething model fiancée Kiana Kim (who has posed for Playboy) through their daily lives as they try to blend their families."