As Turks Teeth and I enter the last day of SB Nation's second annual General Manager Simulation, Mark Trumbo is still an Angel, the fake Angels have some solid pitching depth, and Casey McGehee has a chance to be the Angels starting third baseman. Yes, THE Casey McGehee.
So far this week we've made the following transactions:
- Traded 2B Howie Kendrick and P Daniel Tillman to KCR for P Danny Duffy, P Aaron Crow, P Wade Davis, and P Michael Mariot.
- Re-signed P Jason Vargas to a 3 year $27 million deal
- Signed IF Emilio Bonifacio to a 2 year $4 million deal
- Traded Peter Bourjos to the Seattle Mariners for Erasmo Ramirez, Yoervis Medina, and Edwin Diaz
- Signed P Pat Neshek to a 2 year $4 million deal
- Signed 3B Eric Chavez to a 2 year $10 million deal
- Non-tendered P Tommy Hanson, P Jerome Williams, P Kevin Jepsen, P JC Gutierrez, and IF Chris Nelson
- Traded C Chris Iannetta, P Robert Coello, OF Zach Borenstein, and IF Andrew Romine to NYY for P Ivan Nova, "IF" Eduardo Nunez, and C Francisco Cervelli.
- Signed Skip Schumaker and Casey McGehee to minor league deals with invites to spring training.
The $147,950,000 roster now looks like this:
I think I'd be pretty happy if the real-life Angels made any of these move, but the one I'd be most happiest with would be the hiring of Turks Teeth as Asst. GM. The guy knows his shit.