Now that the regular season is almost here, I believe we may have some newbies. Having commented over 40000 times with my own fingers (take that, Lyle!), I feel totally unqualified to explain the local memes, to you, but I'm going to do it anyway, mainly because I'm bored at work. If you've got a problem, you can take it up with me later, assuming I care.
So here's a completely non-exhaustive list of memes.
- Panther. That is the ultimate compliment on this site. Find the link to "The Lore of the Panther". Read it. Learn it. Love it.
- GA is lazy. He really isn't, but we like to think he is. In fact, somewhere on HH there's an entire list of things he's too lazy to do. I'd post a link to it, but I'm to GA to do so.
- Hostility Abounds? -- One of the classic flamewar threads. Some blogwhore got his dander up because Rev called him out.
- BRING TEH DH TO THE NL -- Another troll, some dude named spc7, who was totally and completely incoherent, never learned how to turn off the CAPS LOCK key, and always wanted to bring the DH to the NL.
- Player nicknames. If you need to know, ask during the game thread.
- Ladybug. Two rules to remember. First, do not get ladybug mad at you. Second, DO NOT GET LADYBUG MAD AT YOU!!!!
- Everything is Mathis' fault.
- Except when it's Hatcher's fault.
- Or VW's. But that one won't be appearing much any more.
- Tony Reagins works at Del Taco.
- 1866baseball. Alas, it's gone, but you can use the Wayback machine to see why it was so luminously hilarious.
- 4000 Games with your own eyes (and any variants thereof). Thank you Lyle Spencer.
There are a crapload more, but I've got a meeting to go to. Feel free to add more in the comments.