While driving my son to school this morning, he was telling me about a Reddit thread called You have to Name your Penis/Vagina after a movie title what do you name yours? (NSFW), and since I'm basically a 16-year old trapped in a 50-year old body, I thought it was funny...especially "Dr. Doolittle", "Die Hard", and "Gone in 60 Seconds". So, the challenge I give to you; What movie title sums up the Angels season? While you're thinking, here are your Halolinks:
- Is anyone else getting a little excited about this team besides me? A two-game win streak, a bunch of runs being scored, decent pitching...could this be the start of something good, or the set up for another letdown? Mariners-Angels Preview - Yahoo! Sports. "Los Angeles (17-27) registered a combined 18 runs and 19 hits in the final two of its four-game set against the Chicago White Sox over the weekend. The Angels also drew 16 walks in those two games, matching the total from their previous six contests, and got two with the bases loaded in a 6-2 victory Sunday."
- As the club gets ready to return to full-strength, Jered Weaver Set For Rehab Game, June Return Likely. "Weaver suffered no issues or setbacks and is scheduled to start an extended spring training game on Wednesday. Los Angeles will require Weaver to start at least two rehab assignment starts before rejoining the Angels starting rotation. If all goes well, Weaver is set to return to the rotation come early-June." Burnett close to returning from rehab assignment - angels.com. "Sean Burnett pitched in a rehab assignment for Class A Inland Empire on Saturday night and may rejoin the Angels bullpen as soon as Tuesday." Seattle Mariners at Los Angeles Angels - May 21, 2013 - MLB.com. "Angels right-hander Ryan Madson will pitch in Triple-A at some point "early this week," Scioscia said." They added a player claimed on waiver who might actually come in handy: Nelson joins Angels, Jimenez returns to Triple-A - angels.com. "Although officially listed as an infielder, Nelson is a versatile player who can play second base, third base, shortstop and the outfield. Nelson is batting .235 in 31 games this season but hit .301 in 111 games in 2012 for Colorado, where he started this season before a May 1 trade sent him to the Bronx."
- And just in case the Angel pitching staff needs that depth we're finding out is so important, everyone's favorite shitty starter cleared waivers! Minor Moves: Barry Enright, Bill Hall - MLBTradeRumors.com. "Angels right-hander Barry Enright has cleared waivers and been assigned to the club's Triple-A affiliate"
- Well, this sucks: Posnanski: After years as the best, Pujols is irrelevant - NBC Sports. "He is 33 years old, just beginning a $240 million contract, and he’s playing for an overpriced and kind of dreadful team that looks like it was built by a rotisserie baseball beginner who ran out at the last minute and bought three fantasy baseball magazines. He looks hurt. He looks tired. He looks out of place. He looks … well, truth is, who is even looking anymore?"
- remember when Jerry Dipoto made good trades? Is Patrick Corbin Arizona's New Ace? - Beyond the Box Score. "Last night, Patrick Corbin threw a complete game in Colorado, striking out 10 Rockies and holding them to three hits, a walk and one run." I'm almost always in favor of trading prospects for proven talent, but when those prospects hit it big, it can make those deals look terrible.
- More catcher stuff: MLB’s Best and Worst Catchers at Framing Pitches - Bloomberg Sports