Very slow news day, especially if you're as sick of the "Where will Tanaka sign?" posts every site has up as I am. Here's a slimmed-down version of Halolinks:
- Who do you think the Angels should bat lead-off? Does Grant Green have a MLB roster spot? Tanaka? Garza? Find the answers here: Angels Inbox: Do they have a better shot at signing Matt Garza or Masahiro Tanaka? - angels.com. "Fans fire away at beat reporter Alden Gonzalez, asking about Matt Garza and Masahiro Tanaka, who will bat leadoff and more in the latest Angels Inbox." My answers would be; Mike Trout. No (although I really like him). Yes, please. N-to-the-O.
- Also over at Angels.com, we get to read about Josh Hamilton and his weight. Again. Los Angeles Angels' Josh Hamilton bulks up after offseason workout program - angels.com. "I've never lifted heavy, heavy weight before, so that's what I'm doing this offseason," Hamilton said on MLB Network. "Just trying to put muscle on, trying to have a couple of cheat days here and there, pizzas, burgers every once in a while. But for the most part trying to stay gluten-free, because that makes my joints feel better. So overall I'm feeling better."
- Remember Angel fan Ricardo Marquez and the MLB Fan Cave? Well, he did an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit yesterday, and it was pretty interesting: I watched an entire baseball season in the MLB Fan Cave in 2012. AMA . "Who was the most down to earth player you got to meet during your experience? California AngelsFatMexKid Essh this is tough. Honestly, every player I met was beyond rad and nice. Derek Holland and Ryan Dempster were probably the funniest. Mark Trumbo is super down to earth. Marlins bullpen was a terrific bunch (Dan Jennings, Steve Cishek and others). I think Nick Swisher was the only one we didn't really get to talk to. I will say that Derek Jeter probably surprised me the most. He was on a list of players I never thought would show up and next thing I know, I'm having a conversation with him and C.C. downstairs. He was extremely humble and pretty hilarious." Ricardo also has a website: Old Time Family Baseball - Ricardo Marquez: Baseball Players Playing Saxophones
- Yesterday we saw Brandon Wood, and today...hey look, Chone Figgins!
After attending his tryout last week, #MNTwins haven't shown additional interest in Chone Figgins. Other teams have. Does have camp offers.— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) January 21, 2014
- You think Chone is washed up? It could be worse: Phillies Sign Bobby Abreu - CBS Philly. ""We’re looking at all the left-handed bats still out there and he’s one of them," Ruben Amaro told CSN’s Salisbury." It's pretty hard arguing with that logic.