Panther of the Game:
This was the most difficult Panther Award to decide all season - easily the best game I have attended all year - the ebb and flow, the rises to occasion, the inchiest game of inches I've seen in a long time. It was exhilarating to witness firsthand. All drama, every batter - the stadium edgy with a divided partisanship easily whipped into frenzy.
But look at this...
- F. Rodriguez relieved S. Shields, M. Ramirez hit for D. Pedroia
- M. Ramirez flied out to deep center
- C. Crisp singled to shortstop
- C. Crisp stole second
- M. Loretta grounded out to third
- D. Ortiz intentionally walked
- K. Youkilis flied out to deep right
Reading the game thread is like seeing a cast of heroes turned to goats who will be inevitably redeemed.
Oh and Kevin Gregg was sitting six seats away from me with a girl and another couple. We're talking the cheap seats here folks. Way to serve your suspension, 3G, with the proletariat.
UPDATE: The FANGRAPHS agrees with me, computing Frankie's contribution to be 17.4%, G.A.'s to be 14.6% and Saunders' 12.1%...