The week between Christmas and New Years is notorious for being the slowest baseball news period of the year. It's almost like being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan during the rest of the year...yeah, that boring. So while billionaire owners vacation in exotic locations and millionaire players are trimming their trees with hundred dollar bills, we riff-raff will have to pass the time with this:
- Speaking of Pittsburgh Pirates' fans: Man jailed after Facebooking a store burglary - msnbc.com. "An 18-year-old Pittsburgh man is accused of burglarizing a market with three teens, then posting pictures on his Facebook page showing the suspects mugging with some of the loot." Then the brilliant detective added, "Well, I guess they're just stupid kids," Detective Valerie Milie said Monday. Obvious quote is obvious.
- The only question I have is...why did it take 6 hours? Man crashes Lamborghini 6 hours after winning it - San Francisco Chronicle. "A Utah man who won a $380,000 Lamborghini in a convenience store chain's contest says he crashed the sports car six hours after he got it."
- Ahhh, that's soooo nice! Anonymous donors pay strangers' layaway accounts. "Before she left the store Tuesday evening, the Indianapolis woman in her mid-40s had paid the layaway orders for as many as 50 people. On the way out, she handed out $50 bills and paid for two carts of toys for a woman in line at the cash register." Mrs.Pujols spending her ashtray money.
MORE STUPID LINKS AFTER THE BREAK...
- Need something to do? Here: theyearinreview's Channel - YouTube
- Need something to do? Please don't do this: Buzz Lightyear Should Not Be Inside Your Ass - Gizmodo.com. "Somewhere, someone knows how this Buzz Lightyear action figure wound up in an anus. It could be a long story. It could be a short story. Maybe there's no real story at all. But there is this x-ray."
You know what I find amazing (besides the obvious)? There's a book. Yeah, I know, there's always a book. Stuck Up!: 100 Objects Inserted and Ingested in Places They Shouldn't Be.
- Margarine still missing after stolen truck found - MiamiHerald.com. "Authorities say a thief who slipped away with $50,000 worth of margarine remains at large even though the truck that carried the payload has been recovered." Well, now we know how Buzz Lightyear got up there.
- Remember the hub-bub about hating cats? Here's my apology: The Kitten Covers: Albums re-imagined with cats! - CBS News
- And no, I was nowhere near Ohio: Cat travels 200 miles under car hood in Ohio - MiamiHerald.com. "A cat has survived a four-hour, 200-mile ride under the hood of a car traveling through Ohio." Some animals will do anything to get out of the midwest.
- Portland police arrest man after alleged 'Star Wars' light saber assault at Toys R Us - OregonLive.com. "None of the victims of the light saber assault needed medical attention, Simpson said." Thank God, I was worried someone might've lost a hand!
- That goddam Elvis. He was more of a boss than Napoli! Nun famous for kissing Elvis prays for miracle - abc7chicago.com