Yep, the real-life Angels may be content with signing former player's brothers to coaching positions, but Turks Teeth and I are actually trying to improve the on-field makeup of our favorite team. So far through this sim, the Fake Angels have made the following transactions:
- Traded Howie Kendrick and Daniel Tillman to the Kansas City Royals for Danny Duffy, Aaron Crow, Wade Davis, and Michael Mariot.
- Signed Jason Vargas to a 3-year, $27 million contract.
- Signed Emilio Bonifacio to a 2-year deal for $4 million.
- Traded Peter Bourjos to the Seattle Mariners for Erasmo Ramirez, Yoervis Medina, and Edwin Diaz (the Lookout Landing deal).
- UPDATE (10:27am): Signed Eric Chavez to a 2-year, $10 million contract.
We've made offers to Eric Chavez, Mark Ellis (no longer available), and possibly one high-priced free agent, as well as continuing to explore dealing Mark Trumbo. Chavez, like Ellis, may have become too expensive, but there is definitely a need for a third baseman at the major league level.
You can follow along with all of the transactions here: SB Nation Winter Meeting Simulation Thread - Part II. And continue to give us your input in the comment section below.