I have nothing to say (or write). Here's your Halolinks:
- Headlines I'd like to see:
DodgersAngels top off epic run with 14-5 rout of Toronto, take first in West - latimes.com. "The DodgersAngels once were 12 games under .500. They once were as many as 9 1/2 games behind the Arizona DiamondbacksOakland Athletics and started this month in lastthird place. Monday night, they moved into first in the NationalAmerican League West." If they can do it, why can't the Angels?
- Wait, they don't have Joe Blanton (2-13, 5.66 ERA): Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels - July 22, 2013 - MLB.com. "On Monday night, against a Twins offense with the 11th-best OPS in the American League (.697), he recorded only 11 outs, gave up nine hits and suffered his 13th loss, setting the Angels up for a 4-3 defeat that dropped them five games below .500 and put them in a virtual tie for third place with the Mariners in the AL West." How does a pitcher accumulate 13 losses? "Angels' Joe Blanton has another forgettable game in 4-3 loss to Twins - latimes.com. "A fourth-inning home run by Twins left fielder Clete Thomas marked Blanton's 10th consecutive start in which he's given up a homer." Oh. Well, what now? Thomas' grab preserves Twins' win over Angels - Yahoo! Sports. ""We're going to sit back and look at some things, but we don't have to make that decision now," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said regarding Blanton's job security in the rotation. "You're always looking to improve what your team is and where your rotation is. It's a tough outing for Joe, and we'll assess things as we start to get some guys back (from the disabled list, like Tommy Hanson and Jason Vargas), and see where we are." Ricky Nolasco would have looked nice in Angels' red rather than Dodger blue.
- Angels need pitching. There's a free agent pitcher out there who could possibly help sooner rather than later: Latest On Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez - MLBTradeRumors.com. "Last Thursday, Gonzalez's agent, Jaime Torres, told reporters that he hoped to have a deal in place sometime this week. At that time, the Dodgers, Cubs, Rangers, Red Sox, Phillies, Blue Jays, Braves, Twins, Yankees and Marlins had all shown interest in Gonzalez, though the Twins and Marlins were thought to be long-shots due to Gonzalez's price tag." Oh look, the Dodgers are in on a player who'd help their team, but...but...but where are the Halos?
- Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels - July 23, 2013 - MLB.com. "It was kind of frustrating how the first half went, but I'm looking forward to the time I have now," Hanson said. "I still have the second half, (and God willing) so I want to do everything in my power to help the team." Tommy Hanson, Angels savior. Or not.
- This is awesome because they picked the perfect Angels' fan, "The stadium was beautiful, but they lost". Just what ownership was going for:
30 Fans from 30 Cities: A Story of Fan Loyalty from Fanbrandz on Vimeo.
- Costco is selling Angels' tickets! Now you can have a 4-gallon vat of mayonnaise to go with that 5-gallon tub of suck: Angels Baseball Two Ticket Package. "Features: Two Angels vouchers to be redeem for Field Box or Terrace All-Star or Club All-Star seats tickets, subject to availability. See stadium map for seating sections. Voucher for 2 Hot Dogs & 2 Small Sodas" All that for $62.99.
- Did you hear, Ryan Braun got suspended: Ryan Braun reaction: Fed-up players feel 'sick' - Yahoo! Sports. "''Watching him talk right now makes me sick,'' Skip Schumaker of the Los Angeles Dodgers said."
- Notes from MLB: Wilson: 'We want the competition to be level' - angels.com. ""But there's always going to be one dummy that thinks he can get away with it," Wilson added.
Scott Downs doesn't want to be traded: "I signed out here because I wanted to win and because of the makeup of this team," said Downs, in the final months of a three-year, $15 million contract. "I still believe, and I think everyone in this clubhouse believes, we have a chance to win. We have a chance to do something special here. So for me to say I want to leave here to go somewhere else, that's not the case. I want to win with this team and that's my mindset. Unless that changes, my mindset is on this team and this team only."
Sure, I completely believe you: Hank Conger started behind the plate on Monday, but Angels manager Mike Scioscia said that was "not at all" related to miscommunication issues between Joe Blanton and Chris Iannetta, resulting in Blanton flipping a water cooler and getting into a back-and-forth with pitching coach Mike Butcher.
- Did yo hear, Matt Garza got traded: Matt Garza traded to Rangers for five players - CBSSports.com. "The Cubs are getting back third baseman Mike Olt along with starting pitchers Justin Grimm and C.J. Edwards. There will also be two players to be named later."
- Did yo hear, Vernon Wells still sucks: Yankees in serious trade talks with Cubs for Alfonso Soriano - CBSSports.com. "Coming into Monday's game, the Yankees have gotten a .225/.267/.332 (62 OPS+) batting line from their left fielders"