Major League Baseball announced the 2014 regular season schedule this afternoon.
Major League Baseball today announced its master 2014 regular season schedule, which will begin,as unveiled in June, with the historic 2014 Opening Series between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Los Angeles Dodgers in Sydney, Australia on Saturday, March 22nd and Sunday, March 23rd.The 2014 Opening Series featuring the National League West rivals will be Major League Baseball's first regular season games to be staged in Australia. MLB has previously opened seasons in Monterrey,Mexico (1999); Tokyo, Japan (2000, 2004, 2008, 2012); and San Juan, Puerto Rico (2001).One week after the completion of MLB's Opening Series in Australia, the 25th season of ESPN's "Sunday Night Baseball" will begin the rest of the schedule with Opening Night on Sunday, March 30th. Details on the Opening Night match-up will be forthcoming. Fourteen games, including 10 divisional match-ups, comprise the traditional Opening Day schedule on Monday, March 31st. Other March 31st games include an Interleague contest between the host Texas Rangers and the Philadelphia Phillies; the Atlanta Braves visiting Milwaukee,the city where they were located from 1953-1965, to play the host Brewers; a match-up between the fellow 1993 expansion Clubs, the host Miami Marlins and the Colorado Rockies; and the Oakland Athletics welcoming the Cleveland Indians. Nine games are scheduled for Tuesday, April 1st, including the season debuts for theHouston Astros and the New York Yankees at Minute Maid Park.The final scheduled day of the 2014 regular season will be Sunday, September 28th and will feature 12 divisional games. Other important dates next season include Jackie Robinson Day on Tuesday, April 15th; the first day of the 2014 MLB Draft on Thursday, June 5th; and Baseball's 85th All-Star Game at Target Field in Minneapolis on Tuesday, July 15th.Please see the accompanying file for the complete 2014 American League and National League regular season schedules.
The complete 2014 Angels schedule can be found here:
2014 Angels Schedule
- The Angels open the season at home on March 30th against Seattle and then finish the season September 28th against the same Mariner team, except they'll end the season on the road in Seattle.
- Their interleague opponents will be from the N.L. East. This means the team will get to face their national league doppelganger New York Mets in their first home series of the season April 11-13.
- May features a homestand against everyone's favorite Yankees and Rangers May 2-7.
- The Battle for L.A. will take place in August. The Halos travel to the ravine August 4th and 5th, and then host the defending World Series champion Dodgers the 6th and 7th.
- The promotional schedule has yet to be released, but as soon as the Robinson Cano bobblehead give-away is announced, we'll let you know.