You came here for Angels' news, right. Here you go:
Yeah, I know, that's not even Angels Stadium, but you get the point. Nothing's going on in Haloland. But that doesn't mean I'm not out there finding the stuff you guys want to read. Sort of.
Spanning the globe to bring you Halolinks:
- Here's the next pitcher everyone is going to be commenting about, and how the Angels should sign him. I have no idea who he is, or how good he might be, but dammit Dipoto...sign this guy! Hiroshima Carp, Kenta Maeda Undecided On Posting – MLB Trade Rumors, "Hiroshima Carp owner Hajime Matsuda said today that his club is not yet sure whether it will make top pitcher Kenta Maeda available through the posting system, as the Japan Times reports. "We have the right," said Matsuda. "We would like to let him go, but based on his production this year it will be difficult."
- I find these types of articles interesting, for one reason, there's a guy out there who spends his time tracking this stuff. Doing God's work, fella: The Strike Zone Expansion is Out of Control – The Hardball Times, "Another interesting note is that while the zone for right-handed hitters has always been slightly larger than for left-handed hitters, the gap has grown to the point where righties faced a zone 17 square inches larger in 2014, on average, than their lefty counterparts. While the zone for left-handed hitters has increased 35 square inches since 2009, partly offset by a noticeable trimming off of the outside "lefty strike", the zone for right-handed hitters has swelled an incredible 46 square inches over the same period." You know what else is out of control? That's not a rhetorical question, I really want to know -- what the heck is outta control in your life?
- The religion of baseball. Baseball Reliquary and Whittier College Establish Institute for Baseball Studies - Whittier College, "Whittier College will be the home of the Institute for Baseball Studies, the first humanities-based research center of its kind associated with a college or university in the United States. The Institute is a partnership between Pasadena-based Baseball Reliquary and the College. The Institute will be located on the third floor of the Mendenhall Building." Hat tip to Hardball Talk
- Whoa, whoa, whoa...don't be cutting into that beautiful face without consulting a doctor. Wait, what? A doctor is performing the cutting? Carry on: Mike Napoli of Boston Red Sox to have face surgery for sleep apnea - ESPN Boston, "The procedure, called bimaxillary advancement surgery, separates the front portions of the lower and upper jaw and moves them forward to allow more room behind the tongue, reducing the chances of obstruction." I consulted with numerous, high-level medical personnel (no I didn't) and have generated this high-tech before-and-after sketch of Mike Napoli post-surgery:
- Hey Duck fans: Yes, Austin Pettis Has A Mighty Ducks Tattoo
- Hey Diamondback fans:
OFFICIAL: Chip Hale has been named the 7th manager in #Dbacks history.— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) October 13, 2014
- I'm officially jealous: This guy (and gal) lived my dream...
- As a full-service kinda guy, get your free stuff: You Get Free Red Bull or $10 If You Bought One In the Last 12 Years, "Anyone who purchased a Red Bull product between January 1, 2002 and October 3, 2014 is eligible to receive either $15 worth of Red Bull products or a $10 check. The class-action suit claims that Red Bull used false advertising, and "misrepresents both the functionality and safety of Red Bull beverages." There is no proof of purchase required, so all you have to do is head to the link below (HERE) and fill out a claim form, or print out a personalized claim form to mail in."