Dear Halos Heaven community members:
I have a business proposition for you. I've had a lot of fun covering the Angels' organization these past five years, and would like to expand coverage for 2014. If there's sufficient interest out there, I'd create a new website, featuring the following content:
- Weekly features on top prospect performances in the system, like I was able to do in the old, pre-RGHAN-kiddo days.
- Scouting reports featuring players throughout the organization, including the majors, just as fast as I can churn them out. Similar to this one.
- GIF's featuring minor league content, my own videos, and a growing database of batted ball data that I'm putting together. The GIF's, as soon as I can work out the kinks, would become a daily feature.
- Big picture features that review organizational direction, including moves that add talent, hemorrhage depth, or enter the trade market.
- An offseason package to get you through next winter, similar to the one I did three years ago. Links to sample interviews are here, here, here, here, and here.
- If there's interest, I'd put together a spring training guide and depth chart entering the 2015 season.
- Other pieces addressing items of individual or community interest as they come up. I'm flexible!
In order to cover costs and meet my commitments, I'd charge a nominal fee of $10 for the entire year, which includes the 2014/2015 offseason. So, for the price of just two extra-shot lattes, you'd get access to several hundred pieces of new content, and new content when you need it most: next February. Remember what it feels like when whole days - whole weeks - go by without any new nugget of information or quality content emerging. I want to help fill that void. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please indicate so in the poll below. I'm going to make my decisions based on those numbers, so be honest, as the investment of time and resources will impact my family.
Like many of you, I'm a huge fan of crowd-sourced, high-quality media content that is 100% free. It's something that we've all enjoyed, and even come to depend on daily. Over the past five plus years, I've contributed 388 articles to the community in that spirit, and I'd like to continue contributing in the future. However, there is certainly content that I choose to pay for, because it's simply worth it.
My circumstances are such that I need to make a little extra money this summer. I could accomplish that either by teaching remedial Algebra, or by producing more Angels-related content. If that extra content -- a couple hundred pieces of additional content! -- is worth $10 to you, let me know, and I'll set things in motion. Thanks HH.
And a giant thanks to Rev for his encouragement and advice over the years!