The Angels have signed 14 of their 40 draft picks. The terms of each signing have not been made public but many of the boys are tweeting that they are off to Orem to pitch for the Owls who open their Pioneer League season in a week.
The signees are:
- Round 4: Jeremy Rhoades, turned 21 in February, Illinois State University, RHP
- Round 5: Jake Jewell, turned 21 in May, Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College, RHP
- Round 7: Bo Way, turned 22 last November, Kennesaw State University, OF
- Round 8: Jake Yacinich, turned 21 in March, University of Iowa, SS
- 10th round: Caleb Adams, turned 21 in January, University of Louisiana-Lafayette, OF
- 11th round: Andrew Daniel, turned 21 in January, University of San Diego, 3B
- 15th round: Greg Mahle, turned 21 in April, University of California-Santa Barbara, LHP
- 18th round: Austin Robichaux, turned 21 last November, University of Louisiana-Lafayette, RHP
- 21st round: Tyler Palmer, will turn 23 in September, University of Miami, OF. Here he poses for an INSTAGRAM with the scout who signed him.
- 24th round: Eason Spivey, turned 22 in May, North Georgia College, C
- 31st round: Nick Wagner, oldest player selected in the draft by the Angels - he will turn 24 on October 26, California State University-Dominguez Hills, RHP - posted an INSTAGRAM of his contract posing with the Angels scout who signed him.
- 33rd round: Jacob Peterson, turned 23 in April, California Lutheran University, LHP
- 36th round: Brandon Gildea, turns 22 in August, Westmont College (Santa Barbara, CA), C
No word on picks 1, 2 or 3.
Slot Money for our first round pick would be between $2 million and $2.3 million, for our second round pick it would be between $1 million and $1.3 million and for our third round pick it would be $600K and $660,000 and change.