Albert is still batting third but he is getting a rest tonight at Designated hitter and The Cron is at 1B.
First pitch is at 6:05 PM and the Nibbler, C.J. Wilson, is on the mound to make sure that no two-strike count will end in rapid order.
Angels 4th of July Lineup:
- Collin Cowgill is in Left Field
- Mike Trout is the Centerfielder
- Albert Pujols is the Designated Hitter
- Josh Hamilton is in Hamiltown, Right Field.
Howie Kendrick is at 2B
- Erick Aybar is the ShortStop
- David Freese hopefully continues the warm-up at the plate while he plays 3B
- C.J. Cron slugs for us at 1B
- Chris Iannetta is the catcher so no framing for the Nibbler's plate-edged scrapers and skinners.
With Wilson pitching we can assume the postgame fireworks will not have any twighlight's-last-gleaming to contend with, right? Although there is one subtle reminder for CJ to keep in mind - the Angels are in the middle of a six man rotation turn as Tuesday's doubleheader necessitates using the luxury of Hector Santaigo as a starter in order to give Garret Richards his normal rotation rest. With every good start by a Halo hurler, we take a step closer to the expiration o C.J.'s no-trade clause at the end of the season. Could it be?