Going into this offseason, Angels fans knew that it would be extremely tough to check off all the items on both the shopping list and the wish list, simply because both were so long: left field, second base, starting pitching, relief pitching, bench players, organizational depth, and once again for good measure, left field. In face of the obstacles he has faced, Billy Eppler has checked off most.
Have a look for yourself at Eppler's significant moves this winter, per Baseball-Reference.
- Traded minor leaguer Victor Alcantara for Cameron Maybin, LF.
- Re-signed Andrew Bailey, RHP for $1M plus incentives.
- Signed Jesse Chavez, RHP for $5.75M plus $3M in incentives based on number of games started.
- Traded minor leaguer Jared Ruxer for Brooks Pounders, RHP.
- Selected Justin Haley from Red Sox in Rule 5 Draft, traded him to Padres for cash considerations.
- Traded minor leaguers Austin Adams and Kyle Mcgowin for Danny Espinosa, 2B/SS.
- Traded Jett Bandy, C for minor leaguer Drew Gagnon and Martin Maldonado, C.
- Signed Ben Revere, OF for $4M plus $2.25M in incentives.
- Signed Luis Valbuena, INF to 2 year, $14.5M deal with mutual option for $8.5M.
- Traded cash or PTBNL for Austin Adams, RHP*, Deolis Guerra designated for assignment.
- Signed multiple minor league free agents, including Bud Norris, Yusmeiro Petit, Dustin Ackley, John Lamb, Justin Miller, and Eric Young Jr.
- Claimed multiple players off waivers, including Vicente Campos, Blake Parker, and Kirby Yates.