It was a day that’ll go down not only in baseball history, but sports history. Yesterday, the MLB announced they would suspend the remaining Spring Training games, along with the first two weeks of the season. Here is the official news release from the MLB.
Here was the statement from the Angels.
Mike Trout shared his thoughts
We’re all at a spot right now that won’t last forever. To those who share the love of baseball, sport, life... we will all be back together soon. @JessTara and I urge everyone to take precautions to stay healthy— Mike Trout (@MikeTrout) March 13, 2020
Info on refunds for tickets.
#Angels refund info:— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) March 12, 2020
For fans who purchased tickets through the Angels, they should contact their individual sales representative or call (714) 4-ANGELS to speak with the Angels ticket office.
As of today, here are the latest suspensions with other leagues across the country and world, via The Athletic.
- NCAA BB: Men’s and women’s NCAA Tournaments canceled
- NBA: Season suspended indefinitely
- NHL: Season suspended indefinitely
- MLS: Season suspended 30 days
- MLB: Opening Day delayed at least two weeks
- NFL: Owners meetings canceled
- XFL: Season suspended
- PGA Tour: Cancels The Players Championship and all events through the Valero Open
- NASCAR: Will race this weekend and next without fans
- Premier League: Saturday’s Arsenal vs. Brighton match postponed; league to meet today to discuss the rest of the weekend.
Some non-coronavirus stuff
- ‘As good as everyone says’: Brandon Marsh makes quite a first impression. Get to know more about Marsh from this great piece from Fabian of The Athletic.
- Some scary news in regards to Trey Mancini
He tweeted this the other day
Once there is more clarity, I will be sure to keep everyone updated over the next few days. I look forward to a healthy recovery and being back on the field soon!— Trey Mancini (@TreyMancini) March 8, 2020
To end this on a bright note, here’s a message from Tom Hanks. There’s no crying in baseball!