- MLB.com posted an article giving the biggest takeaway from each club this Spring Training. Here’s what they had to say about the Angels.
The Angels kept it loose under new manager Joe Maddon and the pitching was better than expected. Angels starters pitched well and new pitching coach Mickey Callaway preached throwing strikes and getting ahead of hitters. But right-hander Griffin Canning sustained an elbow injury, which hurts their depth. There’s a chance he could be back in May, but the Angels will know more by early April. This team should score a lot of runs, but pitching remains the key as they aim for their first postseason berth since 2014.
- Trey Mancini provided an update on his health. It’s great to see that he’s in good spirits
Just wanted to reiterate how grateful I am for everyone during this time. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. For now, stay safe and healthy! pic.twitter.com/822b4Lqf74— Trey Mancini (@TreyMancini) March 14, 2020
- Trevor Bauer put together his own “Sandlot-style” baseball game with players who were still currently in Arizona. Here’s a full video of the game.
- Some Astros players go to bat and do the right thing
#Astros All-Star OF George Springer donating $100K to the employees at Minute Maid Park who are impacted by the cancellation of events: “These are the people that help take care of my family when I go to work. Now I want to help take care of them when they’re in a time of need.”— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) March 14, 2020
With our help, @HoustonFoodBank is assembling quarantine food kits so our students and their families don’t need to worry about their next 28 meals. Please join me in helping our community, every little bit counts! https://t.co/fr7eCRGvNP https://t.co/XpOxyeu9XU— Alex Bregman (@ABREG_1) March 14, 2020
- Behind the scenes as baseball scrambles to resolve issues related to COVID-19