Although he’s retired from baseball, former pitcher C.C. Sabathia is still staying relevant within the game.
He was recently a guest on the “R2C2 is UNINTERRUPTED” podcast, where he had some high praise for Shohei Ohtani.
“I keep saying this and people always laugh at me when I say this but he’s the best baseball player I’ve ever seen in my life,’’ Sabathia said. “Are you kidding me? He can hit the ball 900 feet and throws 99 [mph] off the mound. Who else can do that? Nobody else is doing that at the big-league level.’’
When you take into account all the players Sabathia has faced and seen during his 19-year career, this really is a bold statement.
- In case you haven’t done so, go and vote for who you think the greatest left fielder in Angels history is. Click here to go and vote.
- Tune in tonight to re-watch Game 6 of the 2002 World Series. The game will be on Fox Sports West. Following each game, broadcasters Terry Smith and Trent Rush will recap the action with your help! Fans who tune into Terry and Trent’s expert analysis on Zoom are encouraged to ask questions and reminisce about the team’s historic postseason run.
- Trey Mancini of the Orioles announces he has colon cancer
For @TreyMancini, there were no other indications that anything was wrong besides feeling more tired than usual.— The Players' Tribune (@PlayersTribune) April 28, 2020
But, the @Orioles pushed for a second blood test that revealed his cancer diagnosis.
: https://t.co/QC9e6hYOmp pic.twitter.com/6YwNFrdAIC
- In case you missed it, Jeff Passan details how we could potentially see baseball return in the coming months
At this point, almost everyone involved with the process agrees: There will be baseball in 2020. The details are the tricky part.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) April 27, 2020
At ESPN, 20 Questions dives into the details — when, where, how — with a comprehensive look at what and who are driving it: https://t.co/qJfGNLerLW
- Bob Nightengale of USA Today also discussed how we could potentially see three division with 10 teams. You can read more about that here