There’s no question that Mike Trout is the greatest player in baseball today. In addition, he’s also the highest paid, having signed a contract that season worth more than $400 million. His contract isn’t the only thing that’s valuable about Trout.
An autographed Trout rookie card sold for $922,500. It was sold at Goldin Auctions in Runnemede, New Jersey. This made it the highest price ever gotten for a modern-day baseball card, according to Action Network’s Darren Rovell.
Here’s a photo of the card.
Can you imagine a baseball card being worth nearly $1 million?! I find that absolutely nuts. I personally don’t understand how the value in baseball cards work, so I’m unsure as to how this was worth so much money.
But hey, someone just made a lot of profit on a card, and some collector is really happy right now, so everyone wins!
- Here’s how 5 team execs would change MLB’s proposed safety protocols
- Over the last few days, things have been getting tense between Major League Baseball and the union
- ‘Infections are going to happen’: Experts talk risks, reality of MLB’s protocols
- Why the coronavirus shutdown could lead to MLB expansion in the near future
- ESPN ranked their first-ever Universal DH Power Rankings for all 30 MLB teams
- Take a trip down memory lane. Here are some of the biggest first-round misses of the 2010 draft