Mike Trout in eight full seasons has won three American League MVP awards, and he’s finished second four more times. So it’s no surprise that he’s favored to win AL MVP again in 2020.
Oddsmakers at BetOnline give Trout 9/4 odds to win what would be a second consecutive MVP. He’s the favorite in the American League, followed by Gleyber Torres of the Yankees at 10/1 and his teammate Aaron Judge at 12/1, the same odds as Astros third baseman Alex Bregman and Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor.
Shohei Ohtani also has 12/1 odds to win AL MVP, and newcomer Anthony Rendon is at 20/1 in his first year with the Angels.
BetOnline gives Angels top prospect Jo Adell 12/1 odds to win AL Rookie of the Year, where he’ll be competing with Luis Robert (9/4), Jesus Luzardo (4/1) and Brendan McKay (5/1).
- Jeff Fletcher at the Orange County Register has updates on pitcher Julio Teheran (on the mend after contracting coronavirus) and Taylor Cole (out with a shoulder injury).
- Rhett Bollinger at MLB.com on Patrick Sandoval having a “good shot” at joining the Angels starting rotation.
- Mike DiGiovanna at the Los Angeles Times has more on that stellar double play by Andrelton Simmons and Tommy La Stella on Tuesday night in Los Angeles.
- Fabian Ardaya at The Athletic previewed the Angels season.
- Meghan Montemurro at The Athletic wrote about what figures to be a weird season for MLB announcers.