The Angels continued to make some roster moves on Thursday night, as they optioned Taylor Ward. In addition, they also reassigned outfielder Scott Schebler and catcher Juan Graterol.
Today the club optioned INF/OF Taylor Ward and reassigned OF Scott Schebler and C Juan Graterol.— Angels PR (@LAAngelsPR) March 26, 2021
With a plethora of depth at the outfield position, the news of Ward doesn’t come as too surprising. Although nothing is guaranteed, it looks as if Juan Lagares will win the fourth outfield spot, behind Mike Trout, Justin Upton and Dexter Fowler.
Lagares has been one of the most impressive players for the Angels so far through the spring. He’s hitting .371 with an OPS of above .900. Who would have thought that when the Angels signed him as a non-roster invitee he’d be (likely) earning a spot on the Opening Day roster.
The roster is slowly trimming out, as the Angels have less than a week now to trim it down to their 26-man Opening Day roster.
- Mike Trout looks to be back on track thanks to a brand new drill
- Speaking of Trout.... is there a way that he can somehow, get even better?
- The Angels will be on ESPN this Monday night
- What fans can expect as Angels tickets go on sale this week
- Jose Iglesias has shown his glove early this spring. Take a look at the 5 best plays of his career