Prior to last season, the Angels installed some killer video boards. This upcoming Saturday, fans will have the opportunity to watch the Angels take on the Astros from Monterrey, Mexico followed by the biggest fight of the year, Canelo Alvarez vs. Danny Jacobs, on those monster screens.
I called over to the Angels promotions department and here’s the plan:
- The Big A will open at 4 PM for fans to come in and watch the Angels vs. Astros game.
- After the baseball game, about 8 PM, the video feed will switch to DAZN for the main event from Las Vegas, Canelo vs. Jacobs.
- Concessions will be open. While not all stands will be running, hot dogs, nachos, the basics will be available.
- The event is for DAZN subscribers and up to 3 guests each. You will need to show your DAZN app on your smartphone for entry to the event.
- The first 5000 fans in attendance will receive 2 free vouchers for future Angels games.
- For more information, follow this link to the official Angels site.
DAZN has added MLB coverage starting this season and is home to countless fight nights. I’ve subscribed for about 6 months now and watch the app often. Paying $99 a year for fights beats ordering pay-per-view cards at $75 each. DAZN also has a monthly option that is going up in price from $10 to $20 soon.
DAZN’s MLB nightly coverage suits me better than MLB Network’s. When DAZN jumps into a game they let the broadcast play and don’t talk over it. MLB Network has both the broadcast and their studio guys talking and it sounds garbled. The highlight packages for each game are great quality and easy to access.
As far as the fight, this should be a good one. Jacobs is a very athletic, rangy guy with good speed, lateral movement and power. He should take the lead. Canelo is a gifted, strong counter puncher who will look to make Jacobs miss and pay. I can honestly see this going either way and being close enough for a rematch.
If you’re looking for a rooting interest, Daniel Jacobs is a cancer survivor who overcame a tough Brownsville, NY neighborhood. Canelo is a rugged warrior who has taken every test put in front of him and fought his way out of the poor streets of East Guadalajara.
Here’s a great preview of the fight which further details Jacobs battle with cancer and both men’s rise in the sport. And episode 2 follows them as fight date gets nearer. Both are produced by Lebron James.
Anybody thinking of heading to the Big A? Or watching the fight in general? Let us know below.