While waiting for the Angels to host the A’s on Saturday afternoon, with Jaime Barria on the mound, enjoy these morning notes:
- Imagine Mike Trout hitting .281/.390/.603, let thinking 2020 was a relatively down year. Consider this quote he gave Ken Rosenthal at The Athletic: “It’s going to sound crazy, but I’ve been fighting something at the plate for like the last year, year and a half. ... Starting this year, I just kind of figured out what I was doing. Just getting back to where I can go up there and feel comfortable.”
- Jose Iglesias’ incredible trip from Cuba is recounted by Jeff Fletcher at the Orange County Register.
- Jo Adell lost a fly ball in the sun on Friday, but recovered with an RBI double. From Jack Harris at the Los Angeles Times, Joe Maddon said, ““t was good to see [the defensive mistake] not carry over.”
- “I changed my batting stance and I feel great at home plate right now,” said Luis Rengifo, trying to win a roster spot this spring, per Rhett Bollinger at MLB.com.
- Alden Gonzalez at ESPN wrote about MLB pitchers bracing for an innings jump in 2021 after a truncated 60-game season last year.